Monday, June 1, 2009

And we're off . . .

If you scroll down a little you can see the picture I posted a few weeks ago of the startling reality I am facing with my weight. Since then I have done nothing, but be stressed and eat lousy. So as I face summer, time off and time to rest, I am joining my friend lana for a challenge here To be fit and fabulous by the fall. Lana has a great post about her goals here and I should probably follow her lead and make a list and post it up, but I'm not going to. I am ready to feel good and to feel better about being me and to be comfortable in my own skin again. I want to shop some place other than "the fat store" and to not have to go up another size.

What better time than now, not next monday or next week, but right now. I have the entire summer off and can rotate relaxing and exercising and be ready to face a new year :)

Care to join us?
I plan on walking and exercising lots and am counting on Lana as my chief motivator and cheerleader :)

3 comments:

Christine Jeske said...

Good luck with the challenge! I hope to get to know you.

Lana said...

Yay! It's so fun to have an accountability partner! I will be your cheerleader anyday! We can do this. Think of our small goals and rewards...FUN!!!! Funny to think that our friendship was just taking off a year ago. Now, I can't imagine NOT talking to you everyday in some form or fashion (text, twitter, email, blog, etc.)
Love ya!

Julie said...

Hi Dawn,
I was just doing some work on my blog and wanted to stop in and thank you for being a follower. I'm sorry it's taken me forever to come by and say HI!
Julie