Monday, January 21, 2008

Headaches beware

TopAmax
This is just one of the many medicines I have been on since my hospital stay in November. I went to see my Neurologist Friday and he decided to tweak some of my medicines. I have been taking 50 mg of Topamax 2 times a day and then Imitrex as needed. The problem is that I need Imitrex too much and it doesn't always last long enough. He has decided a 4-Prong approach:
1. DHE-45 Infusions-that take up to 3 hours a time :)
2. Relpax-instead of Imitrex, I've tried it once, we'll see!
3. Frova-on top of the Relpax if it doesn't make the headache go away
4. Increasing Topamax
So far we are working on 1-3. I am waiting to hear from the nurse about scheduling my infusions and I am really dreading this. It means I will have to take a 1/2 day off from work and it will probably make it feel bad before it makes me feel better!!

No comments: