Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thursday 13: A Fresh Start with lots of changes

1. Russell's new job: Russell is now a full-time firefighter at Spartanburg City. He will complete his training in March and April and will be "official" at this point. He also still volunteers at the Landrum Fire Department and works their in a part-time capacity on his days off.
2. A new schedule for all: The hardest part of Russell's work change has been adjusting to his 24 hours on 48 hours off. It's not been the easiest thing to plan around :)
3. A new lease on life for Russell:This change has been a long time coming for Russell and came at a crazy time, right after I got out of the hospital and right before Christmas, BUT, it has meant a much better way of life for Russell, which makes us an even better family!!
4. Nights Alone: I thought that it would be very difficult for me to be alone at night, but it has been an easy transition so far. Of course I would prefer that Russell be home, but I love that he has found a job he loves!!
5. Life after Meningitis: I am still struggling to fight the after effects of my meningitis from November. I have gotten my energy back, but I still don't last very long, hopefully my stamina will return soon!!
6. Headaches Everyday: The worst effect of the meningitis has been dealing with daily headaches. The best part has been that they have not made me naseous, but when my head hurts it hurts all the way down the back of my neck and even makes my face hurt. I am working with the doctors to get my medicine straightened out and hopefully keep these headaches at bay!
7. Isaac's College Plans: Isaac has decided after much thought that he will go to Clemson instead of Notre Dame. He is still considering doing 2 years at each, we will see what the next 15 years bring :)
8. My Organzing Tirade: This I blame on my mother who bought me a Vera Bradley hanging organizer for my makeup. I put all of my stuff in it and then the wheels begin to turn. We shall see how long this holds up!
9.Isaac's Medicine: Isaac is now down to about 5 medicines twice a day. This is a big improvement from the 10 we were up to at one point!!!
10.Carla has a boyfriend!
11. We get to spend lots of time with Carla now!
12. We are finally remodeling our master bathroom!
13. Isaac's Doctors: We will visit the allergist on January 25 to begin another round of testing. At this time we will also get results from his Immune Titter tests that were done after Christmas.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am so glad that you finally joined us in Blogland again!! I love your new posts and will be checking back often to see more! :)