Thursday, December 18, 2008

A peak inside . . .











I love to decorate! Fall is my favorite, such a nice change after having the same stuff up for so long!! But, I also love the fun and excitement that come with decorating for Christmas. I have a thing for trees, big, little, hanging, standing, fat, skinny, I love them all!!! And I love trying to make things different from year to year. This was my first year with a new dining room, which proved to be super fun!! No more icky paneling, carpet, or room encompassing shelves!! Instead, fresh green paint, hardwood floors, and walls with simple furniture. Such a difference. Soo- I got to try some new color schemes and some VERY different things. I used only red, white, and silver in my dining room and I LOVE the way it turned out against the green. I also coordinated my paper and ribbon, I'm not usually matchy, matchy to this degree, but it was fun!! The only thing I don't like is the lack of crown molding in one corner, one of our MANY unfinished projects that loom over our heads. I didn't take pictures of everything, but here a few:










No comments: