Friday, October 24, 2008

Prayer request

I went today for a gallbladder ultrasound. I wasn't really worried about what they would find because we knew that it would either be: fine, sludgey, or a gallstone. Those were the options, at least the options we had imagined. We got a call back from the doctor before we ever even made it out of Spartanburg, which is never a good sign. They found a gallstone, but they also found something on my liver. When we went back to the doctor's office we were told that they have found a mass on my liver. I was blown away. If it had not been for my pesky gallbladder we would have never found this. God is SO amazing.

I'm still a wreck! There are so many endless possiblities. I go first thing Monday morning for a CT scan that will show all angles of the liver and hopefully give them a better view of the mass. Once they do this, they will schedule a biopsy so that they can see what we are dealing with. In the meantime, I am shocked, shaky, weapy, and really trying to lean on God's promises.

Please pray!!! We are praying that the doctors and radiologists will have wisdom as we go through this process and that we will have peace as we wait. I can be such a worry wart, so I pray that I can give to God and let him work in mighty ways!

I was just reading a blog yesterday, about the friendship and support found through fellow bloggers and it got me thinking how much I enjoy sharing what is going in our lives and hearts with others and getting to share their lives.

It is such a relief to pour this out and know that my friends will be lifting this up to the Lord!

2 comments:

Lana said...

Dawn,

I thought long and hard about what to write in this comment box. I decided to let HIS words speak.....

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. - Deuteronomy 31:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. – Philippians 4:6

We are praying!!!!
I love you, girl! :)

Jodi said...

Dawn,
praying that the Lord will sustain you and give you peace during this time! Never forget that you're resting in the palm of His hand!
Keep us posted!
Blessings -
jodi