Thursday, October 16, 2008

Women's Mission Banquet

Raegan and Dawn's Mexico Table

Lana's Italy Table and her Guests


Raegan and Dawn's Mexico Table with Guests

Around the World in an Evening!

Tuesday night we had the pleasure of attending a Women's Missions Banquet at our church, Landrum First Baptist
Different ladies within the church sponsored and decorated tables from different countries. Emily Fitchpatrick, from On Eagles Wings Ministries spoke, as well as a local Missionary from the North American Mission Board who is based in Asheville, NC.
It was a wonderful evening, with great food and fellowship, but most importantly a great message from these ladies. A reminder of our call to go forth and tell. It really hit home for me. That I have been to complacent and eager to just sit back and watch the world whirl around me. It opened my eyes to opportunities around me and made me eager to spend more time spreading God's love.
Of course, it doesn't take much to get my mind rolling, so I'm left with many questions to ponder and pray over. God has been so good to us-I am so blessed, and more than anything I pray for the opportunity to help others know his love and feel his touch.

No comments: