Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Prayers

WOW! How thankful I am for my brothers and sisters in Christ who are lifting us up in prayer through this struggle! I appreciate so much the hugs, love, and thoughts, but most of all your commitment to pray for us. I have said before how I feel God's hand in so many ways. This is a chance for me to share it and profess it! God is our everpresent help. He is right with us as we undertake this scary journey. He might not make it go away, but he's there to see us through it. I read The Shack this summer. And I keep thinking back to some of the encounters the main character had with Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit. I was reminded of so many profound things from this story. I think I just might read it again.

Again-for those of you that are praying thank you for taking your time to bring our petition before our most Holy God. I thank God for each of you!

Also, I would love to know that you are praying and keeping up with the blog here-I hope for it to be a witness of God's amazing power and presence in our lives! Please leave a comment and let us know that you've been here! You don't have to be a blogger to comment!

PS_I promise an afternoon update when we get back from the doctor!

2 comments:

Carolyn Hatchette said...

Hi,
I have visited the site several times and left a comment once, but must not have done it correctly.
Just wanted to let you know that I am praying and anxiously waiting to hear that progress was made today. Keep the faith. Much love,
Carolyn Psalms 56:3

Anonymous said...

From one who knows just how hard it is to wait to find out just how you are going to deal with a medical situation I understand the emotional roller coaster you have been on since last week. Being aggressive and walking closer with the Lord is your best course of action. I will continue to pray for you, Russell, Isaac and your extended family. I will also pray for the doctors that will be determining the course of action. Keep the faith. You know that your OPE family is just a phone call away for ANYTHING we can do to help.
Love you!
Julie