Sunday, October 19, 2008

Negative Comments

In all the time I have blogged I have NEVER had anyone leave anything ugly, until today. I appreciate comments and I respect opinions, but this blog is not a place for anyone to be judgemental or critical of anyone. I am disappointed that someone who reads my blog would stoop so low as to leave negative comments and then do so anonymously. I think people misinterpreted what I wrote. I was simply trying to be an encouragement to my friends, and remind them that they are loved and appreciated-something we all need to be reminded of :)
That being said:

Now, I must step onto my soap box!


God has truly blessed my life with the women he has placed in my path. From the ladies I work with, to ladies that I go to church with and in between.
We are all different ages, in different stages of life, but I consider them all friends. There are single moms, stay at home moms, working moms, moms of multiples, moms with lots of children, moms with only one child, moms with grown children, moms with lots of family help, the list goes on and on.
These moms all have 1 thing in common: They are continually seeking GOD'S will for their lives and the lives of their families. None of us are perfect in our search, but thankfully we have a loving and forgiving GOD. That is why I have such respect for these women, and feel so honored to be there friends. We are called to be encouragers, to uplift our brothers and sisters in Christ, I am not always the best at this. I am often quick to judge and continually struggle to rid my life of this. God has shown me lately how important it is to be an encourager, looking for positive points, and offering a smile, or a prayer for a friend or a stranger.
This just to say: These ladies I call friends and I, some bloggers, some not, are not doing what we do out of selfishness, need for attention, or any other outward reward. We do what we do: teach, nurse, mother, etc. because that's where we feel like GOD has led us. We are not choosing one thing over another, or putting anything else first.

If you haven't had this struggle, of finding the right path for your life, then you are either blessed or missing out. If you read my blog then you remember my post HERE, and what a struggle I had at the beginning of the school year with making sure I was in the right place and trying to balance everything.

Remember, it is difficult for us to find balance, no matter what we are juggling-and we need each other to lean on and to encourage us :)

Thanks for enduring my soapbox.


1 comment:

Lana said...

You go girl! Thanks for always being an encouragement to me! Love ya! :)