Friday, May 2, 2008

Bedtime Woes

Once upon a time I had a soon to be 3 year old who was so big for his britches that he didn't even want anyone to lay down with him at night. He was a big boy, he professed and therefore did everything on his own. Even on the weekend when we wanted him to snuggle and sleep with us, he refused, because he was a big boy.



Fast forward 6 months: Isaac has tonsilectomy, Mommy gets spinal menigitis and is in the hospital for 2 weeks, Daddy becomes a firefighter.



And now I have a 3 1/2 year old who screams and cries when going to be is even mentioned. Most nights he cries so hard we end up letting him fall asleep on the couch. He refuses to go to his own bed, says he doesn't like it and agrees that we can take everything he owns away. He has also suggested just putting his bed in our room. Some nights he gets so upset, he coughs and throws up.



SOooooooo-This week I have been tough and he has slept in his bed. I have gotten in bed with him to help him settle down and then gotten up when he was almost asleep. He still has cried and still makes us leave the lamp on and he still wakes up sometime during the night and gotten in our bed.



I am a Momma on the edge!!! What do I do??? I do not want bedtime to be traumatic every night. I do not want to continue on this path. So fellow bloggers, any suggestions?????

No comments: