Sunday, August 3, 2008

A fungus Among Us

It began about a week ago. A break out. It started on my chest, then behind my ears. Then began to creep down my arms. By this week I was well aware that what we had here was more then acne. I begin to search my brain. Had we changed detergants? NO. Soap? NO. Perfume? NO. I came up empty. By Saturday the spots had progressed so that I had scaly, slightly itchy blotches form the size of a dot, to the size of a nickel from my neck to my belly button, even on my back and my breasts. I have never in my life seen anything like this. Russell at one point was convinced I had chicken pox. By today there were even spots on my face, struggling to break to the surface. Russell's other big theory was that it was my anxiety, but that's a whole post in itself, so we won't even go there!!

Well, we went to the doctor today, because school starts soon, and I'm embarassed to be seen in public. I have a fungus, that I can't pronounce. The treatment SELSEN BLUE. That's write, dandruff shampoo. I have to let it soak for 10 minutes, until it dries and wash it off. Everyday for a week. I'll let you know how it goes, what an adventure :)

No comments: